Book Description: Create a new theme for your Drupal website with a clean layout and powerful
* Learn to create new Drupal 5 Themes
* No experience of Drupal 5 theming required
* Set up and configure themes
* Understand Drupal 5's themeable functions
This book is the ideal introduction to theming with Drupal 5. If you want to
create a striking new look for your Drupal website, this book is for you.
Starting from the basics of theme setup and configuration, you will learn
about the Drupal theming architecture and the PHPTemplate engine, and then
move on to modifying existing themes and building new themes from scratch.
Included is a complete guide to the various style sheets and themeable
functions in Drupal 5, making this book a valuable resource even to
experienced theme developers. It covers:
* Finding your way around Drupal 5's theming architecture
* Locating and identifying the various elements, functions, and styles
* Working with the PHPTemplate templating engine
* Intercepting and overriding default templates and styles
The main requirements to make use of this book are knowledge of HTML, CSS, and
a touch of creativity! Although this book aims to make Drupal theming accessible
to designers, theming in Drupal 5 involves writing some PHP code, and a basic
knowledge of PHP will be helpful.